Monday 31 October 2011

The Light.


I’ve made quite a few tough decisions over the last few months, I can’t lie it was all painful and quite lonely for a while, especially when I didn’t know what was next. Whether it was the people that were surrounding me or the circumstances regarding my future as a young adult, I decided it was now or never. 

Within this article I wanted to carry on what I’d started to talk about in my previous article “if you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere ”,

In that article I spoke of the pain and the difficulties that one may experience whilst going through a dramatic change in life. However in this article I want to speak about something more upbeat and encouraging, I will speak about the light at the end of the tunnel and how we should turn our negatives into positives. I’m going to be using a few real examples in this article; I feel that some of the things that I have to show you are so strong and powerful that they speak for themselves. So I’ll keep my words as short and as sweet as possible
 “The light at the end of the tunnel” is relative, no one’s definition of making it through a circumstance is the same. For instance maybe finally getting a part time job is the light at the end of someone’s tunnel, or finally being able to pay for driving lessons. Don’t ever sell yourself short for making it to a new stage of life. Always remember to use each small step as ammunition to let yourself know that YOU CAN keep going and YOU CAN keep achieving new things. No ones (and I repeat) NO ONES life is the same, even though we all experience turmoil and change, everyone’s destination is different, not less than or more than but different.
In life we should give our down times a moment to wallow in but then we have to get back up and realise that it only has the right to remain a small factor of our show. Now obviously life isn’t as straight forward as following simple steps and voila` everything falls into place. 
In reality time can seem to drag when you’re anticipating for things to get better. However my point is, things may not happen in your time but they always happen at the right time. An example would be this blog; I wouldn’t have the same enthusiasm or even life experiences to be able to write these words and mean them. I had to experience what I’ve experienced in order to be able to help someone else, like I said in the “ what is this blog about?“ section, my life has not been a Hollywood tragedy, I don’t have the answers to life but I had to reach a point of rock bottom and complete helplessness, in order to understand how another girl may feel. 
Those moments were a blessing because maybe this blog is a way to prevent another girl from making the same mistakes I’ve made and help to give a guideline or whispering pointers, or even just to let someone know, you’re not alone in this. My point is, you can always make a rock bottom situation into a new positive and uplifting situation, whether it is through being able to encourage someone else, design something that may one day change the world/community, change your ways of thinking, it could be anything. There isn’t an eraser button in life, so your past will always exist but just because it exists, it doesn’t mean it’s relevant. Instead, in life we have doors old one’s close and new ones open. So to conclude, you’re going to get to points in life where that light doesn’t even seem to exist, let alone existing at the end of a tunnel; however you must remember that no matter your circumstance and no matter how far you may have fallen, you can and you do have the ability to climb right back up. Your eye’s may not see it and your mind may not be able to comprehend it but there is a light waiting for you, keep going and you will see it. It is not in the fall my love, it is in the RISE.


Here is a Beautiful story, that will show you what RISING truly means.

The fall

The Rise

And in memory of Steve Jobs, this speech was my inspiration for this article.


Oh and one more thing, look what popped up on my TL, whilst writing this.