Wednesday 21 December 2011

Dear self .. I.O.U


Today were’ going to touch on the subject of “how you treat yourself, is how a guy will treat you”. Now obviously we may still be fooled by a very good cover act, however once a guys true self shows, do you know your worth enough to walk away?

I’m sure you’ve heard that ramble a million and one times but it’s true. The epiphany just came to me; I was always picking guys that ended up leaving me high dry and worse off than I was before I met them. All they did was speak empty words, say they’ll do something and they don’t, using such charming quotes, yet their actions would charm the anger out of me instead.


 It is quite hurtful when you build up expectations of how you should be treated and the other person just excretes all over them. However, the cold truth came to me when I realised that I don’t even keep promises that I’ve made to myself. I say I’ll do something, and then I make excuses and come up with a convincing case studies in my mind, that explain why I shouldn’t bother.


 I would give myself a compliment on how beautiful and strong I was one day and then as soon as things don’t go to plan I decide I’m ugly and worthless and would wallow in self-pity. That’s when it hit me, maybe I would choose guys that treated me no better than I treated myself because I didn’t know any better or any higher. 


I was so used to the way that I treated myself that my tolerance heightened when a guy treated me no differently. These words are burning me as I type them because no one wants to admit to being weak (I know I don’t anyway). You have to view yourself as an expensive silk cocktail dress (I love cocktails lol). If you wear it anywhere, if you wear it all of the time, if you allow it to get dirty, if you don’t hang it up appropriately (throw it on the floor). Are you within your rights to kick up a fuss if someone else mistakes it for a rag and uses it to wash their car? 


Think about it. Let’s be real here, you don’t have to be a whore in order to be taken for a ride, you just have to have a simple and small disregard for your worth and you become devalued in anybody’s eyes, a simple gesture of lack of belief in one’s self is often enough. Now if you take care of this expensive silk dress e.g. take it to the dry cleaners, store it away appropriately, and only wear it on special occasions. Without words, anyone that dares to come into contact with that dress will already have a high respect for the existing condition of that dress and they will avoid stepping out of line in regards to its well-being. 


You were the example of how to treat that dress, just like you are the example of how to treat yourself. Once you begin showing yourself some respect, keeping your own promises, pursuing your own dreams, you are within every right to demand the love from a guy who will meet your expectations and help you in continuing these positive patterns. 


It’s all so simple in words and I understand that everyone’s situation is different but trust me you only attract from the universe what you put into it. The moment guys see that you choose to date good guys; a player will stay well away and the good guys may just pop up out of the wood works because they won’t feel like their time will be wasted.


The moments that you keep those legs closed and keep those books open, a dumby (who thinks hears clever) will stay well away and the intelligent guys will come out of the wood works because they see the potential.


 However the moment you do find yourself with an idiot, when you already know your self worth, you will have the guts to walk away and sing “I bet it sucks to be you right now?” Ha-ha.


It all starts with yourself, you are your own example and you are your own blueprint as to how you want to be treated. Remember God created Eve as a GIFT for Adam, he created eve from his rib. Meaning a guy should not only treat you as a GIFT from God, but he should treat you as a part of himself and If a guy treats you any less than that, I hope we all realise our self worth and move it along. 

No comments: